DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - A 13-year-old boy has been accused of starting a pair of fires at a shopping mall in northeast Iowa.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald reports Mitchel McArthur has been charged with first-degree arson and reckless use of fire.
Police say McArthur started a fire Dec. 15 at a Sears at the Kennedy Mall in Dubuque. No one was injured but damage is estimated at more than $100,000.
An investigation into the first fire led police to a second smaller incident at the mall. Police believe the fire was self-extinguished without causing damage.
The newspaper reports McArthur has been ordered to juvenile detention. He remains in custody.
Online records do not list an attorney for McArthur.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser