DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - A 13-year-old boy has been accused of starting a pair of fires at a shopping mall in northeast Iowa.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald reports Mitchel McArthur has been charged with first-degree arson and reckless use of fire.
Police say McArthur started a fire Dec. 15 at a Sears at the Kennedy Mall in Dubuque. No one was injured but damage is estimated at more than $100,000.
An investigation into the first fire led police to a second smaller incident at the mall. Police believe the fire was self-extinguished without causing damage.
The newspaper reports McArthur has been ordered to juvenile detention. He remains in custody.
Online records do not list an attorney for McArthur.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case