PRAIRIEBURG, IA (AP) - Linn County authorities are seeking the public's help after several animals were intentionally poisoned in the Linn County city of Prairieburg.
The Linn County Sheriff's Office called Tuesday for the public's assistance after pieces of meat laced with poison were placed between Oct. 23 and Oct. 24 in several spots near East Main Street in the city of less than 200 people.
Several animals became sick and two of them died.
People with information can call Linn County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-272-7463.
If information leads to an arrest, people could be eligible for a reward.
Prairieburg is about 20 miles northeast of Cedar Rapids.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota