PRAIRIEBURG, IA (AP) - Linn County authorities are seeking the public's help after several animals were intentionally poisoned in the Linn County city of Prairieburg.
The Linn County Sheriff's Office called Tuesday for the public's assistance after pieces of meat laced with poison were placed between Oct. 23 and Oct. 24 in several spots near East Main Street in the city of less than 200 people.
Several animals became sick and two of them died.
People with information can call Linn County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-272-7463.
If information leads to an arrest, people could be eligible for a reward.
Prairieburg is about 20 miles northeast of Cedar Rapids.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US