KANAWHA, Iowa (AP) - A giant paper snowflake made by a woman in northern Iowa has been verified as the world's largest.
The Mason City Gazette reports Guinness World Records recently verified Christa Faye Hanson's 14-foot, 6-inch creation. They just needed to make sure it was the perfect scaled-up replica of a small paper snowflake sent in as part of the verification process.
Hansen made the paper snowflake in a little less than 54 minutes in front of a cheering crowd at Kanawha City Hall in September.
The newspaper reports city officials want to permanently display the snowflake outside for visitors.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death