KANAWHA, Iowa (AP) - A giant paper snowflake made by a woman in northern Iowa has been verified as the world's largest.
The Mason City Gazette reports Guinness World Records recently verified Christa Faye Hanson's 14-foot, 6-inch creation. They just needed to make sure it was the perfect scaled-up replica of a small paper snowflake sent in as part of the verification process.
Hansen made the paper snowflake in a little less than 54 minutes in front of a cheering crowd at Kanawha City Hall in September.
The newspaper reports city officials want to permanently display the snowflake outside for visitors.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse