OSKALOOSA, Iowa (AP) - Lawyers are presenting evidence to jurors in the trial of an Oskaloosa man charged with killing a man with a battle ax.
KCCI-TV in Des Moines reports that Bradley Arterburn is charged with first-degree murder for the death of his mother's boyfriend, Robert Horovitz.
Prosecutors said in opening arguments Wednesday that Arterburn blamed his mother for the killing, and said Horovitz reminded him of an abusive stepfather.
A defense lawyer talked about Arterburn's abuse at the hands of his stepfather from ages 8 to 11. Arterburn is asking to be found not guilty by reason of insanity.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration