OSKALOOSA, Iowa (AP) - Lawyers are presenting evidence to jurors in the trial of an Oskaloosa man charged with killing a man with a battle ax.
KCCI-TV in Des Moines reports that Bradley Arterburn is charged with first-degree murder for the death of his mother's boyfriend, Robert Horovitz.
Prosecutors said in opening arguments Wednesday that Arterburn blamed his mother for the killing, and said Horovitz reminded him of an abusive stepfather.
A defense lawyer talked about Arterburn's abuse at the hands of his stepfather from ages 8 to 11. Arterburn is asking to be found not guilty by reason of insanity.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands