JEFFERSON, Iowa (AP) -- One person is dead and another injured in an early morning house fire in Jefferson.
Officials say at least two other people were able to escape from the home, but an 18-year-old died in the fire early Tuesday morning.
The victim's name was not immediately released.
Officials say it's believed he was on the second-floor of the house when the fire broke out about 12:15 a.m.
Officials say at least one person who escaped from the home had burns and smoke inhalation and was taken to a Des Moines hospital. That person's condition has not been released.
The state fire marshal's office is investigating.
Officials say they are looking at whether space heaters may have caused the fire.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest