JEFFERSON, Iowa (AP) -- One person is dead and another injured in an early morning house fire in Jefferson.
Officials say at least two other people were able to escape from the home, but an 18-year-old died in the fire early Tuesday morning.
The victim's name was not immediately released.
Officials say it's believed he was on the second-floor of the house when the fire broke out about 12:15 a.m.
Officials say at least one person who escaped from the home had burns and smoke inhalation and was taken to a Des Moines hospital. That person's condition has not been released.
The state fire marshal's office is investigating.
Officials say they are looking at whether space heaters may have caused the fire.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather