IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Officials say an inmate assigned to the Anamosa State Penitentiary in eastern Iowa has died of natural causes.
An autopsy shows 62-year-old Howard Steven Russell died Thursday of natural causes due to complications from pneumonia. He died at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
Russell was serving a 25-year sentence for second-degree sexual abuse in Black Hawk County. His sentence began in June 2002.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests