IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Officials say an inmate assigned to the Anamosa State Penitentiary in eastern Iowa has died of natural causes.
An autopsy shows 62-year-old Howard Steven Russell died Thursday of natural causes due to complications from pneumonia. He died at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
Russell was serving a 25-year sentence for second-degree sexual abuse in Black Hawk County. His sentence began in June 2002.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East