WEST BEND, Iowa (AP) - One man has died and another has been seriously injured after an all-terrain vehicle hit a tree in northern Iowa's West Bend.
The Palo Alto County Sheriff's Department tells the Fort Dodge Messenger that the crash happened Wednesday night. Killed in the crash was 51-year-old Glenn Gearhart, of West Bend.
The injured person, identified only as a 28-year-old, was initially treated at Palo Alto County Hospital in Emmetsburg, then flown to an unidentified hospital.
Sheriff deputies report that the accident occurred on private property.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump