DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Authorities in the Des Moines area are investigating complaints from bar owners about thieves breaking into game machines and stealing the money inside.
Dawg House owner Ron Biondi told television station KCCI that surveillance video showed three men stealing from one of his machines. One of the men used a large screwdriver or pry bar to break open the machine's money compartment while two others gathered around him and looked over their shoulders to see if anyone was approaching.
Biondi said the men stole hundreds of dollars from the machine and then moved on to another.
The bar owner said the men left after other customers asked to play one of the games.
Biondi's surveillance cameras showed the men leaving the bar in a dark Ford Expedition.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers