FLOYD, Iowa (AP) -- A mechanical malfunction has been cited as the likely cause of a fire in a grain bin dryer at an ethanol plant in Floyd.
The fire at Valero Renewables was reported about 2:45 p.m. Thursday. Floyd fire chief Ben Chatfield told the Mason City Globe-Gazette that the plant has four dryers and the fire was contained to one.
The fire didn't affect operations at the plant, although employees in the immediate area were evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.