FLOYD, Iowa (AP) -- A mechanical malfunction has been cited as the likely cause of a fire in a grain bin dryer at an ethanol plant in Floyd.
The fire at Valero Renewables was reported about 2:45 p.m. Thursday. Floyd fire chief Ben Chatfield told the Mason City Globe-Gazette that the plant has four dryers and the fire was contained to one.
The fire didn't affect operations at the plant, although employees in the immediate area were evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists