MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A January trial has been scheduled for a man accused of a fatal stabbing in Mason City.
The Mason City Globe Gazette says the trial has been set to begin on Jan. 14 for 23-year-old James Farnsworth II. He's charged with first-degree murder in the April 14 slaying of 23-year-old Ian Decker.
Farnsworth's trial had been scheduled to begin July 17. He's filed notice that he will claim self-defense at trial.
Farnsworth is free on bond.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.