MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A January trial has been scheduled for a man accused of a fatal stabbing in Mason City.
The Mason City Globe Gazette says the trial has been set to begin on Jan. 14 for 23-year-old James Farnsworth II. He's charged with first-degree murder in the April 14 slaying of 23-year-old Ian Decker.
Farnsworth's trial had been scheduled to begin July 17. He's filed notice that he will claim self-defense at trial.
Farnsworth is free on bond.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks