MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (AP) - A 30-year-old Marshalltown woman has been accused of embezzling from the Marshalltown Animal Medical Clinic when she worked there.
The Marshalltown Times-Republican reports that Abby Kjormoe turned herself in last week and was released. She's due back in court on Friday to face felony charges of ongoing criminal conduct and theft and two misdemeanors.
Marshalltown Police Capt. Mike Hanken says a veterinarian contacted police in September to report his suspicions. Hanken says investigators think Kjormoe used company computers to conceal the theft of more than $14,000.
A public phone listing for Kjormoe couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the name of her attorney.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather