MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (AP) - A 30-year-old Marshalltown woman has been accused of embezzling from the Marshalltown Animal Medical Clinic when she worked there.
The Marshalltown Times-Republican reports that Abby Kjormoe turned herself in last week and was released. She's due back in court on Friday to face felony charges of ongoing criminal conduct and theft and two misdemeanors.
Marshalltown Police Capt. Mike Hanken says a veterinarian contacted police in September to report his suspicions. Hanken says investigators think Kjormoe used company computers to conceal the theft of more than $14,000.
A public phone listing for Kjormoe couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the name of her attorney.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump