BURLINGTON, Iowa (AP) - The husband of a Burlington woman has been charged with killing her.
Authorities say 38-year-old Chico Newman was found Monday and arrested at a motel near the Quad City International Airport in Moline, Ill. Newman is being held at the Rock Island County Correctional Center, awaiting extradition to Iowa.
Newman is accused of shooting to death 32-year-old Crystal Newman during an argument at their Burlington home on Aug. 9. He is charged with first-degree murder.
Chico Newman's attorney has declined to comment.
Authorities said the Newmans' two children have been living with their mother's relatives since the shooting.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore