BURLINGTON, Iowa (AP) - The husband of a Burlington woman has been charged with killing her.
Authorities say 38-year-old Chico Newman was found Monday and arrested at a motel near the Quad City International Airport in Moline, Ill. Newman is being held at the Rock Island County Correctional Center, awaiting extradition to Iowa.
Newman is accused of shooting to death 32-year-old Crystal Newman during an argument at their Burlington home on Aug. 9. He is charged with first-degree murder.
Chico Newman's attorney has declined to comment.
Authorities said the Newmans' two children have been living with their mother's relatives since the shooting.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building