CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) -- Cedar Rapids police say a man they arrested on a public intoxication charge remains hospitalized after apparently hitting his head on an armrest while in the back seat of a police car on his way to jail.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation is looking into the arrest of 33-year-old Paul Saldivar.
He was arrested Thursday night after patrons of a bar complained he had caused problems. When officers approached him he ran. He was later found, handcuffed and placed in the back of the police car.
Officers say he was combative, kicking, moving round, and hit his head on the arm rest.
He was unresponsive when the car arrived at the Linn County Jail. CPR was started and he was taken to Mercy Hospital by ambulance.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks