DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Officials say a 54-year-old Linn County man is the latest to win at least $1 million in the Iowa Lottery.
A news release sent Thursday from the Iowa Lottery says Ken Booth bought his Mega Millions ticket at a Cedar Rapids convenience store on Tuesday.
State officials say the Palo man's win is the sixth lottery prize of at least $1 million won in Iowa this year.
Booth's ticket had the first five numbers but not the Mega Ball, so he won $250,000. He'd added the Megaplier option, which multiplied the prize to $1 million.
Booth told lottery officials that his winnings will help out nicely, as he'd planned to retire next year from his work for a mechanical contractor.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building