DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A judge has decided not to block a Dyersville zoning change needed to allow commercial use of the "Field of Dreams" movie site.
Douglas Henry represented the city at a court hearing on the issue last month. He told the Telegraph Herald that Judge Thomas Bitter denied the writ petition on Tuesday. The writ would have let Bitter consider overturning the council's Aug. 6 rezoning.
A group of area residents who oppose development at the "Field of Dreams" movie site filed the petition on Sept. 4.
A Chicago-based development group plans to transform the Dyersville landmark into All-Star Ballpark Heaven, a 24-field youth baseball and softball tournament complex.
Hall of Fame baseball player Wade Boggs says he's investing in the project.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US