DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A judge has decided not to block a Dyersville zoning change needed to allow commercial use of the "Field of Dreams" movie site.
Douglas Henry represented the city at a court hearing on the issue last month. He told the Telegraph Herald that Judge Thomas Bitter denied the writ petition on Tuesday. The writ would have let Bitter consider overturning the council's Aug. 6 rezoning.
A group of area residents who oppose development at the "Field of Dreams" movie site filed the petition on Sept. 4.
A Chicago-based development group plans to transform the Dyersville landmark into All-Star Ballpark Heaven, a 24-field youth baseball and softball tournament complex.
Hall of Fame baseball player Wade Boggs says he's investing in the project.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run