WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A Black Hawk County jury has convicted a Waterloo man of first-degree murder in the shooting death of another man whose body was found slumped over the steering wheel of a parked car on a street in Waterloo.
The jury found 22-year-old Montez Caples guilty on Wednesday. His trial started last week, and the jury got the case on Tuesday.
Caples faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole. No sentencing date was set.
Caples was charged with killing 34-year-old Robert Shannon, of Parkersburg, on Dec. 14. His body was found several hours later when neighbors told police the car had been idling for a while.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration