SPENCER, Iowa (AP) - A Clay County judge has ordered a northwest Iowa hog producer to pay a $15,000 penalty for an illegal manure application last year that led to a fish kill.
The civil penalty was assessed Tuesday against Bruce Click, who owns and operates a 4,000 hog operation in Peterson, for applying the manure last September. Authorities say the manure flowed into a tributary of the Little Sioux River, resulting in water quality standard violations and a fish kill.
In the consent decree filed Tuesday, Click admitted to the violations and agreed to the penalty and a permanent injunction against further violations.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing