SPENCER, Iowa (AP) - A Clay County judge has ordered a northwest Iowa hog producer to pay a $15,000 penalty for an illegal manure application last year that led to a fish kill.
The civil penalty was assessed Tuesday against Bruce Click, who owns and operates a 4,000 hog operation in Peterson, for applying the manure last September. Authorities say the manure flowed into a tributary of the Little Sioux River, resulting in water quality standard violations and a fish kill.
In the consent decree filed Tuesday, Click admitted to the violations and agreed to the penalty and a permanent injunction against further violations.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse