CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) -- A Cedar Rapids man charged in the 2010 death of his young daughter has lost his bid for a separate trial from his ex-girlfriend, who is charged in the same case.
Cedar Rapids radio station KCRG reports that 24-year-old Zyriah Schlitter, of Cedar Rapids, and 27-year-old Amy Jo Parmer, of Hiawatha, will be tried together. The trial is scheduled to begin on May 29.
Schlitter had said he believes Parmer might implicate him in the death of 17-month-old Kamryn Schlitter in March 2010. Authorities say the child died of head trauma.
Judge Marsha Beckelman says in her ruling Tuesday there's no confession from Parmer that implicates Schlitter.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract