CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) -- A Cedar Rapids man charged in the 2010 death of his young daughter has lost his bid for a separate trial from his ex-girlfriend, who is charged in the same case.
Cedar Rapids radio station KCRG reports that 24-year-old Zyriah Schlitter, of Cedar Rapids, and 27-year-old Amy Jo Parmer, of Hiawatha, will be tried together. The trial is scheduled to begin on May 29.
Schlitter had said he believes Parmer might implicate him in the death of 17-month-old Kamryn Schlitter in March 2010. Authorities say the child died of head trauma.
Judge Marsha Beckelman says in her ruling Tuesday there's no confession from Parmer that implicates Schlitter.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY