DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Iowa's preliminary unemployment rate was unchanged in December, matching the 4.9 percent recorded in November.
Iowa Workforce Development reported Friday that the figure was seven-tenths of a point under the year-ago figure of 5.6 percent.
Iowa's rate is significantly lower than the national figure of 7.8 percent in December.
Workforce Development says there were 80,000 unemployed Iowans in December, compared with a revised figure of 80,200 for November. The figure was 93,400 in December 2011.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser