DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Iowa's preliminary unemployment rate was unchanged in December, matching the 4.9 percent recorded in November.
Iowa Workforce Development reported Friday that the figure was seven-tenths of a point under the year-ago figure of 5.6 percent.
Iowa's rate is significantly lower than the national figure of 7.8 percent in December.
Workforce Development says there were 80,000 unemployed Iowans in December, compared with a revised figure of 80,200 for November. The figure was 93,400 in December 2011.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US