COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A 90-year-old man who was injured in a fire at his Council Bluffs home has died.
Council Bluffs Fire Chief Alan Byers says Robert Kissel Sr. died Tuesday. Kissel died at a burn center in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Firefighters had found Kissel in his bedroom after they responded to the blaze early Sunday morning. Kissel's daughter, 59-year-old Robin Krause, escaped to safety through a basement window.
Krause told firefighters she'd tried to reach her father but couldn't because the staircase was in flames.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game