COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A 90-year-old man who was injured in a fire at his Council Bluffs home has died.
Council Bluffs Fire Chief Alan Byers says Robert Kissel Sr. died Tuesday. Kissel died at a burn center in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Firefighters had found Kissel in his bedroom after they responded to the blaze early Sunday morning. Kissel's daughter, 59-year-old Robin Krause, escaped to safety through a basement window.
Krause told firefighters she'd tried to reach her father but couldn't because the staircase was in flames.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.