WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A 27-year-old Iowa man has been found guilty of vehicular homicide while drunk.
Austin Hansen, of Reinbeck, was convicted after a nonjury trial. The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier says the judge issued his verdict Tuesday.
Prosecutors say Hansen was driving his pickup the night of Nov. 13, 2010, as he took 26-year-old Kaley Kennison to her Cedar Falls home. The truck struck a parked vehicle and ran into a retaining wall. Kennison died a short time later. Hansen was injured as well.
Hansen's sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 1, and he faces up to 25 years in prison. He's already serving a five-year sentence for a drug conviction.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota