WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A 27-year-old Iowa man has been found guilty of vehicular homicide while drunk.
Austin Hansen, of Reinbeck, was convicted after a nonjury trial. The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier says the judge issued his verdict Tuesday.
Prosecutors say Hansen was driving his pickup the night of Nov. 13, 2010, as he took 26-year-old Kaley Kennison to her Cedar Falls home. The truck struck a parked vehicle and ran into a retaining wall. Kennison died a short time later. Hansen was injured as well.
Hansen's sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 1, and he faces up to 25 years in prison. He's already serving a five-year sentence for a drug conviction.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day