ATLANTIC, Iowa (AP) - A 53-year-old western Iowa man facing a second trial on dozens of sex abuse counts has made a plea deal and been given a suspended prison sentence.
Atlantic radio station KJAN reports that Roger Ericksen, of Lewis, pleaded guilty to one felony count of sexual abuse in the third degree on Tuesday. Prosecutors dropped the 45 other counts of sexual abuse and four other related counts.
Ericksen was immediately sentenced to 10 years in prison, suspended, two years of probation and was ordered to register as a sex offender.
In August a Cass County judge declared a mistrial in the first case against Ericksen, who is accused of assaulting a 14-year-old girl from March 2011 through July 2011.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death