LENOX, Iowa (AP) - A southwest Iowa man has died after he was burned in the explosion of a 5-gallon can of gasoline.
Atlantic radio station KJAN reports that the accident occurred around 11:20 a.m. Friday in Lenox.
Lenox Police Chief Jon Huggins says 75-year-old James Wurster had been burning debris when fumes from the can ignited and it exploded. Wurster was showered by flaming gasoline.
Wurster was taken to a hospital in Corning and then flown to a hospital in Iowa City. Authorities say he died there about 3 a.m. Saturday.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game