COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A 67-year-old woman has been arrested after a hidden camera appeared to show her stealing flowers, wreaths and other items from grave sites in a Council Bluffs cemetery.
Omaha, Neb., television station KETV reports that the Council Bluffs woman was arrested Monday on suspicion of theft and trespassing at Ridgewood Cemetery.
The arrest came after another Council Bluffs resident, Doug Lantry, became fed up with the theft of flowers and other items from his late wife's grave. Lantry mounted a motion-sensing camera to a tree near his wife's grave, and says he now has pictures of the woman taking items from the site.
On Monday, a cemetery worker spotted the woman in the cemetery and called police.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure