COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A 67-year-old woman has been arrested after a hidden camera appeared to show her stealing flowers, wreaths and other items from grave sites in a Council Bluffs cemetery.
Omaha, Neb., television station KETV reports that the Council Bluffs woman was arrested Monday on suspicion of theft and trespassing at Ridgewood Cemetery.
The arrest came after another Council Bluffs resident, Doug Lantry, became fed up with the theft of flowers and other items from his late wife's grave. Lantry mounted a motion-sensing camera to a tree near his wife's grave, and says he now has pictures of the woman taking items from the site.
On Monday, a cemetery worker spotted the woman in the cemetery and called police.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked