IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa City woman has reported being beaten and choked while holding her 4-month-old baby.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen says the woman told officers early Sunday morning that her attacker was the man she lived with, the father of her child.
Police say 21-year-old Jose Luis Avalos-Covarrubias was arrested and was charged with domestic assault by impeding air/blood and with child endangerment with no injury.
The woman reported that Avalos-Covarrubias choked her until she was unconscious and struck her several times while she was holding their baby.
Online records say Avalos-Covarrubias remained in Johnson County Jail on Monday. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin