IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa City woman has reported being beaten and choked while holding her 4-month-old baby.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen says the woman told officers early Sunday morning that her attacker was the man she lived with, the father of her child.
Police say 21-year-old Jose Luis Avalos-Covarrubias was arrested and was charged with domestic assault by impeding air/blood and with child endangerment with no injury.
The woman reported that Avalos-Covarrubias choked her until she was unconscious and struck her several times while she was holding their baby.
Online records say Avalos-Covarrubias remained in Johnson County Jail on Monday. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017