STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) - A woman in northwest Iowa has pleaded guilty to animal neglect charges after more than a dozen dead cats were found in a Storm Lake home.
The Sioux City Journal reports authorities arrested Dawn Williams on Saturday while they responded to a possible burglary report at the home.
Police say that's when they discovered the skeletal remains of 15 cats along with a large amount of feces. Police say Williams locked the cats inside the house about six months ago.
Online records show Williams was released from the Buena Vista County Jail on Saturday after pleading guilty to the misdemeanor charges.
Contact information for Williams was not available.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure