DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa woman has been charged with using a 16-year-old girl in a prostitution business.
The Des Moines Register reports the 16-year-old girl offered to have sex with an undercover police officer who contacted her for $70.
Police say that the investigation led them to arrest 20-year-old Brittany Lanier on suspicion of human trafficking.
Authorities say Lanier introduced the girl to prostitution, trained her and took some of the profits.
Lanier hasn't entered a plea on the charge.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests