DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa woman has been charged with using a 16-year-old girl in a prostitution business.
The Des Moines Register reports the 16-year-old girl offered to have sex with an undercover police officer who contacted her for $70.
Police say that the investigation led them to arrest 20-year-old Brittany Lanier on suspicion of human trafficking.
Authorities say Lanier introduced the girl to prostitution, trained her and took some of the profits.
Lanier hasn't entered a plea on the charge.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting