DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines woman has been charged in connection with a fatal hit-and-run accident last month.
The Des Moines Police Department says Tuesday that investigators followed dozens of tips before charging 26-year-old Kristine Gordon in connection with the death of 58-year-old Clayton Payne.
Payne was crossing a street on the north side of the city on March 16 when he was struck. He died the next day. Investigators announced after the accident that they were looking for a white Jeep Cherokee caught on surveillance video near the accident.
Gordon faces several charges, including failure to render aid causing death and driving while barred. She has been in the Polk County Jail for a week on other charges unrelated to Payne's death.
Online records do not list an attorney for Gordon.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death