DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines woman has been charged in connection with a fatal hit-and-run accident last month.
The Des Moines Police Department says Tuesday that investigators followed dozens of tips before charging 26-year-old Kristine Gordon in connection with the death of 58-year-old Clayton Payne.
Payne was crossing a street on the north side of the city on March 16 when he was struck. He died the next day. Investigators announced after the accident that they were looking for a white Jeep Cherokee caught on surveillance video near the accident.
Gordon faces several charges, including failure to render aid causing death and driving while barred. She has been in the Polk County Jail for a week on other charges unrelated to Payne's death.
Online records do not list an attorney for Gordon.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership