BOONE, Iowa (AP) - A volunteer firefighter in central Iowa faces up to 10 years in prison when he is sentenced next month for arson.
A court filing on Thursday said Brett Graham, of Kelley, was convicted of second-degree arson in Boone County. Authorities say Graham admitted starting four fires in Story and Boone counties over several months. A dozen horses died in one of the Boone County fires.
The 19-year-old was a volunteer firefighter for the Kelley Fire Department.
Graham is scheduled to be sentenced on July 19 in Boone County District Court. His Story County trial is scheduled to begin four days later.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists