BOONE, Iowa (AP) - A volunteer firefighter in central Iowa faces up to 10 years in prison when he is sentenced next month for arson.
A court filing on Thursday said Brett Graham, of Kelley, was convicted of second-degree arson in Boone County. Authorities say Graham admitted starting four fires in Story and Boone counties over several months. A dozen horses died in one of the Boone County fires.
The 19-year-old was a volunteer firefighter for the Kelley Fire Department.
Graham is scheduled to be sentenced on July 19 in Boone County District Court. His Story County trial is scheduled to begin four days later.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.