EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) -- - Residents in Evansdale are looking for closure as the 2nd of two eastern Iowa two girls found dead in a wooded area is laid to rest.
The Des Moines Register reports that mourners were saying their final goodbyes Saturday at a funeral service for Lyric Cook.
Residents say Lyric's funeral will provide some peace for the town, but real closure hinges on finding the person, or people, who killed the girls.
The bodies of Cook and her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, were found on Dec. 5, about 25 miles from where they were last seen. Elizabeth was 8 and Lyric was 10 when they vanished while bike riding in Evansdale on July 13.
A memorial service for Elizabeth was held Dec. 13.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death