EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) -- - Residents in Evansdale are looking for closure as the 2nd of two eastern Iowa two girls found dead in a wooded area is laid to rest.
The Des Moines Register reports that mourners were saying their final goodbyes Saturday at a funeral service for Lyric Cook.
Residents say Lyric's funeral will provide some peace for the town, but real closure hinges on finding the person, or people, who killed the girls.
The bodies of Cook and her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, were found on Dec. 5, about 25 miles from where they were last seen. Elizabeth was 8 and Lyric was 10 when they vanished while bike riding in Evansdale on July 13.
A memorial service for Elizabeth was held Dec. 13.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day