CENTERVILLE, Iowa (AP) - The city of Centerville has hired a convicted Iowa sex offender as temporary city administrator.
Thirty-seven-year-old Kevin Stocker, of Elkhart, was hired by the City Council earlier this month. Mayor Jim Senior said he'd known about Stocker's past but didn't share the information with the council before Stocker was hired.
Senior says he talked to Stocker about his situation and said Stocker is "a good man. He does a good job."
The Iowa Sex Offender Registry says Stocker was convicted of enticing a minor in August 2006 in Black Hawk County. The girl was between the ages of 14 and 17. The judge gave him probation and a suspended prison sentence of two years.
Stocker's contract runs through April 30, then month to month after that.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration