WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A Waterloo couple have been charged with child endangerment after a 2-year-old boy was spotted wandering outside wearing only a diaper.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that it was 32 degrees on Sunday afternoon when the boy was reported outside, crying in the driveway of his house.
He'd gone inside by the time officers arrived. They found no adults there.
The resident, Randeigh Bohlen, 20, and her boyfriend, Ryan Evans, 29, returned after a total of 20 to 30 minutes. They told officers they'd gone to a store. Bohlen also says her 8-month-old child was sleeping upstairs on a bed.
Public phone listings for Bohlen and Evans couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the names of their attorneys.
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off