WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A Waterloo couple have been charged with child endangerment after a 2-year-old boy was spotted wandering outside wearing only a diaper.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that it was 32 degrees on Sunday afternoon when the boy was reported outside, crying in the driveway of his house.
He'd gone inside by the time officers arrived. They found no adults there.
The resident, Randeigh Bohlen, 20, and her boyfriend, Ryan Evans, 29, returned after a total of 20 to 30 minutes. They told officers they'd gone to a store. Bohlen also says her 8-month-old child was sleeping upstairs on a bed.
Public phone listings for Bohlen and Evans couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the names of their attorneys.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river