ST. MARYS, Iowa (AP) - The Iowa Department of Transportation says it will temporarily close a rest area along southbound Interstate 35 in south-central Iowa.
The department says the rest area at milepost 51, near St. Marys in Warren County, is used primarily by commercial vehicles.
The rest area is on an incline. The department says some big vehicles have trouble making their way up the grade during winter, slowing traffic or even blocking the interstate.
The rest area is expected to close on Jan. 2 and reopen in late March.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser