ST. MARYS, Iowa (AP) - The Iowa Department of Transportation says it will temporarily close a rest area along southbound Interstate 35 in south-central Iowa.
The department says the rest area at milepost 51, near St. Marys in Warren County, is used primarily by commercial vehicles.
The rest area is on an incline. The department says some big vehicles have trouble making their way up the grade during winter, slowing traffic or even blocking the interstate.
The rest area is expected to close on Jan. 2 and reopen in late March.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building