KNOXVILLE, Iowa (AP) - A teacher accused of sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl has resigned from his job at a Knoxville high school.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports Troy N. Rider submitted his resignation Monday night as football coach and physical education teacher for Knoxville High School. The resignation is effective April 1.
Rider is charged with third-degree sexual abuse and sexual exploitation by a school teacher. Court records do not list an attorney.
Rider has been on paid leave since he turned himself in to authorities in early March. Police say they received a report about alleged sexual abuse involving a student at Knoxville High School.
Rider's next court hearing is scheduled on April 18.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser