KNOXVILLE, Iowa (AP) - A teacher accused of sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl has resigned from his job at a Knoxville high school.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports Troy N. Rider submitted his resignation Monday night as football coach and physical education teacher for Knoxville High School. The resignation is effective April 1.
Rider is charged with third-degree sexual abuse and sexual exploitation by a school teacher. Court records do not list an attorney.
Rider has been on paid leave since he turned himself in to authorities in early March. Police say they received a report about alleged sexual abuse involving a student at Knoxville High School.
Rider's next court hearing is scheduled on April 18.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers