SPENCER, Iowa (AP) - A group focused on pipeline safety in Iowa is offering training.
The Iowa Pipeline Association is conducting training scenarios throughout February at various locations around the state. It began Monday in Spencer and several more are scheduled through Feb. 28. The final event will be held in Newton.
The training allows participants to practice their emergency response knowledge, including prevention strategies.
Officials say they will discuss basic pipeline safety, leak recognition, hazard awareness and damage prevention.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser