SPENCER, Iowa (AP) - A group focused on pipeline safety in Iowa is offering training.
The Iowa Pipeline Association is conducting training scenarios throughout February at various locations around the state. It began Monday in Spencer and several more are scheduled through Feb. 28. The final event will be held in Newton.
The training allows participants to practice their emergency response knowledge, including prevention strategies.
Officials say they will discuss basic pipeline safety, leak recognition, hazard awareness and damage prevention.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers