FOREST CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A Forest City police officer shot during a scuffle with state agents has been charged with arson and burglary in connection with a fire at the police department earlier this month.
Office Thaddeus Ellenbecker was off-duty when he shot Thursday night. The shooting occurred as two agents with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation went to his house to speak with him. They found him outside with a weapon. A struggle ensued and Ellenbecker was shot by one of the agents. He remained hospitalized Friday with non-life threatening injuries.
He is accused of placing incendiary materials in the Forest City Police Department Oct. 1, and of stealing a rifle belonging to the department.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks