DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Roughly $600 million worth of road construction work is planned across Iowa this year.
The Des Moines Register reports that will make 2013 one of the busiest years for road construction in the state.
There are about 800 crashes every year in construction work zones and an average of six deaths every year.
So the Iowa Department of Transportation is reminding drivers to stay alert when they encounter road construction and buckle up.
Traffic safety engineer Mark Bortle says some road projects are already underway.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked