DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Roughly $600 million worth of road construction work is planned across Iowa this year.
The Des Moines Register reports that will make 2013 one of the busiest years for road construction in the state.
There are about 800 crashes every year in construction work zones and an average of six deaths every year.
So the Iowa Department of Transportation is reminding drivers to stay alert when they encounter road construction and buckle up.
Traffic safety engineer Mark Bortle says some road projects are already underway.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks