COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - Council Bluffs officials are investigating the death of a homeless man who became trapped after falling into a hole he was digging.
The 34-year-old man was found dead along railroad tracks in Council Bluffs.
Police said Sunday the man was digging a hole either for shelter or to store his belongings and fell in. Police aren't sure how long the man was in the hole before his body was discovered.
The man's name was not immediately released because police were trying to locate his family.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration