COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - Council Bluffs officials are investigating the death of a homeless man who became trapped after falling into a hole he was digging.
The 34-year-old man was found dead along railroad tracks in Council Bluffs.
Police said Sunday the man was digging a hole either for shelter or to store his belongings and fell in. Police aren't sure how long the man was in the hole before his body was discovered.
The man's name was not immediately released because police were trying to locate his family.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting