FAIRFAX, Iowa (AP) - Authorities are investigating a complaint by two young girls in eastern Iowa that a couple tried to abduct them.
The Linn County Sheriff's Office says they received a complaint Tuesday that a man and woman attempted to lure a 10-year-old and 12-year-old into a dark blue Mazda sedan in Fairfax. The car had rust on the rear passenger side.
The girls told authorities the woman was driving the vehicle. They say she has shoulder length grey hair that was curly at the ends. The girls say the man appeared to have a thin built, short grey hair and a pointed goatee. At the time he was wearing a tan coat and plaid shirt.
Authorities say the incident appears to be isolated.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls
- Some Rochester patients help treat grief with acupuncture