DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines police officer who was struck by a sports utility vehicle in March is continuing her rehabilitation.
The Des Moines Register reports Officer Candice Lassiter was released from a hospital rehabilitation unit earlier this month. She is continuing daily rehabilitation sessions.
Officials say the 33-year-old Lassiter will be evaluated in three months to determine if she will be able to return to work.
Lassiter was outside her vehicle investigating an accident on March 24 when a passing driver lost control of his car. The vehicle slid on an icy hill and struck Lassiter.
The driver was cited for failing to maintain control. Authorities say there is no indication the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice