DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines police officer who was struck by a sports utility vehicle in March is continuing her rehabilitation.
The Des Moines Register reports Officer Candice Lassiter was released from a hospital rehabilitation unit earlier this month. She is continuing daily rehabilitation sessions.
Officials say the 33-year-old Lassiter will be evaluated in three months to determine if she will be able to return to work.
Lassiter was outside her vehicle investigating an accident on March 24 when a passing driver lost control of his car. The vehicle slid on an icy hill and struck Lassiter.
The driver was cited for failing to maintain control. Authorities say there is no indication the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure