COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - Police say a Council Bluffs man was shot in the chest while taking a car for a test drive.
The Council Bluffs Nonpareil reports that 25-year-old Charles Duncan told police he had stopped the car in a Council Bluffs parking lot Wednesday morning. Duncan says when he got out of the car to switch seats with his sister, someone in a black car with Nebraska license plates fired two shots at him.
One bullet missed; the other hit him in the right side of his chest.
He told police he didn't know the men, and no words were exchanged before the shooting.
Police say the bullet struck a rib and lodged under his skin. He was treated and released from an Omaha hospital.
Police are looking for suspects.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US