DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines man accused of sexually abusing three of his nine children has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
Television station KCCI reports the man pleaded guilty Tuesday to three counts of second-degree sexual abuse. He will be sentenced in March.
The man had previously pleaded not guilty to nine counts of first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of child endangerment.
The man was arrested in April in Chicago after a nationwide search. His wife was arrested in April in Des Moines. She was sentenced in October to up to 30 years in prison on three child neglect charges. Prosecutors say she failed to do anything to stop the abuse.
The Associated Press is not using the couple's names to protect the privacy of the children.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore