DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines man accused of sexually abusing three of his nine children has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
Television station KCCI reports the man pleaded guilty Tuesday to three counts of second-degree sexual abuse. He will be sentenced in March.
The man had previously pleaded not guilty to nine counts of first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of child endangerment.
The man was arrested in April in Chicago after a nationwide search. His wife was arrested in April in Des Moines. She was sentenced in October to up to 30 years in prison on three child neglect charges. Prosecutors say she failed to do anything to stop the abuse.
The Associated Press is not using the couple's names to protect the privacy of the children.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case