SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - A Sioux City man faces up to 20 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to bank robbery.
Federal prosecutors say 27-year-old Johnnie Hawkins, of Sioux City, entered his plea Wednesday in federal court in Sioux City.
Prosecutors say Hawkins brandished a stolen .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun on Nov. 10 when he robbed the Heritage Bank in Sioux City. Prosecutors say Hawkins had confronted and threatened an employee while she was opening the bank. He got away with nearly $6,000.
Hawkins' sentencing date hasn't been set.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016