CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A Cedar Rapids man has pleaded guilty to a federal charge of sexual exploitation of children.
Acting U.S. Attorney Sean Berry says 23-year-old Lucas Robinson pleaded guilty Tuesday in federal court in Cedar Rapids. He also was convicted of one count of possession of child pornography and one count of extortion.
Robinson admitted at the plea hearing that between 2009 and 2012, he coerced minor females to engage in sexually explicit conduct so he could record it. He says he threatened to distribute the content so the minors would engage in more similar conduct, and so at least one minor would engage in sexual activity with him.
Robinson remains in custody pending sentencing. He faces a minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and a maximum sentence of 42 years.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building