CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A Cedar Rapids man has pleaded guilty to a federal charge of sexual exploitation of children.
Acting U.S. Attorney Sean Berry says 23-year-old Lucas Robinson pleaded guilty Tuesday in federal court in Cedar Rapids. He also was convicted of one count of possession of child pornography and one count of extortion.
Robinson admitted at the plea hearing that between 2009 and 2012, he coerced minor females to engage in sexually explicit conduct so he could record it. He says he threatened to distribute the content so the minors would engage in more similar conduct, and so at least one minor would engage in sexual activity with him.
Robinson remains in custody pending sentencing. He faces a minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and a maximum sentence of 42 years.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers