WESTFIELD, Iowa (AP) - A northwest Iowa man has died after being hit with a hay bale.
The Le Mars Daily Sentinel reports 76-year-old Barry E. Knapp, of Westfield, died Tuesday while stacking hay bales.
The Plymouth County Sheriff's Office says authorities were called Tuesday afternoon about someone trapped under a bale.
Knapp was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Plymouth County medical examiner ruled the death as an accident.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday