WESTFIELD, Iowa (AP) - A northwest Iowa man has died after being hit with a hay bale.
The Le Mars Daily Sentinel reports 76-year-old Barry E. Knapp, of Westfield, died Tuesday while stacking hay bales.
The Plymouth County Sheriff's Office says authorities were called Tuesday afternoon about someone trapped under a bale.
Knapp was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Plymouth County medical examiner ruled the death as an accident.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers