OELWEIN, Iowa (AP) -- A northeast Iowa man has been charged for not disposing of dead goats found on his farm near Oelwein.
The Fayette County sheriff's office filed charges on Wednesday against 33-year-old Tracy Rupright.
He faces five simple misdemeanor counts of duty to dispose of dead bodies after a complaint about dead animals and a horrible smell. An investigation showed there were several dead goats and they had been there for some time.
Under Iowa law, a carcass has to be disposed of within 24 hours.
Officials say no animal neglect is suspected because it appears the goats died of natural causes.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure