IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A 21-year-old Coralville man has been charged with sexually abusing a 2-year-old child.
Iowa City police say Tristan Loughran has admitted committing a sex act on the child at Loughran's workplace in Iowa City.
Court records say Loughran initially told an Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation agent during a job interview that he had abused the child in the last month or so. The records say Loughran repeated the account when questioned by an Iowa City investigator.
The records say police have confirmed Loughran's access to the child and that he had been alone with the child at times.
Records say Loughran left jail on bond. A public phone listing for Loughran couldn't be found, and online court records don't list the name of his lawyer.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance