ONAWA, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa man is facing charges after trying to evade police at speeds up to 120 mph.
KTIV television reports that the chase happened on Friday afternoon when the Ida County Sheriff's Department tried to stop 28-year-old Barry Young of Galva.
Authorities say Young fled south on Highway 175 and drove erratically while as many as six police cars pursued him. Young is suspected of stealing packages off the front porches of homes.
The Iowa State Patrol says Young drove across a farm field and through a fence surrounding a cell phone tower during the chase.
Young was arrested a few miles east of Onawa.
Young faces a felony charge of eluding arrest, several drug charges and numerous traffic violations.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump