ONAWA, Iowa (AP) - An Iowa man is facing charges after trying to evade police at speeds up to 120 mph.
KTIV television reports that the chase happened on Friday afternoon when the Ida County Sheriff's Department tried to stop 28-year-old Barry Young of Galva.
Authorities say Young fled south on Highway 175 and drove erratically while as many as six police cars pursued him. Young is suspected of stealing packages off the front porches of homes.
The Iowa State Patrol says Young drove across a farm field and through a fence surrounding a cell phone tower during the chase.
Young was arrested a few miles east of Onawa.
Young faces a felony charge of eluding arrest, several drug charges and numerous traffic violations.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers