AGENCY, Iowa (AP) -- The husband of a reserve sheriff's deputy in southeast Iowa has been arrested, accused of shooting her and her unborn baby to death.
The Wapello County Sheriff's Office says 21-year-old Seth Techel was arrested around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday on charges of first-degree murder and nonconsensual termination of a human pregnancy.
He's accused of shooting 23-year-old Lisa Techel early Saturday morning at their home southwest of Agency.
Lisa Techel was a reserve deputy with the Wapello County department and had been a correctional officer. Her father is a deputy sheriff in Wapello County. Her uncle is a dispatcher with the department, and her husband was recently hired as a correctional officer at the Wapello County Jail.
Seth Techel remains in custody. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge