AGENCY, Iowa (AP) -- The husband of a reserve sheriff's deputy in southeast Iowa has been arrested, accused of shooting her and her unborn baby to death.
The Wapello County Sheriff's Office says 21-year-old Seth Techel was arrested around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday on charges of first-degree murder and nonconsensual termination of a human pregnancy.
He's accused of shooting 23-year-old Lisa Techel early Saturday morning at their home southwest of Agency.
Lisa Techel was a reserve deputy with the Wapello County department and had been a correctional officer. Her father is a deputy sheriff in Wapello County. Her uncle is a dispatcher with the department, and her husband was recently hired as a correctional officer at the Wapello County Jail.
Seth Techel remains in custody. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US