DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Iowa officials have launched a website that highlights the benefits of living in smoke-free environments.
The state Department of Public Heath says the website provides education and awareness to people who live within multi-unit housing like apartments.
The website features sections for tenants, property owners and managers of multi-unit housing. It provides steps on how to make a home smoke-free.
State law prohibits smoking in most public places, but it doesn't cover individual units. Officials say tobacco smoke from one tenant can migrate through walls and ventilation systems to a non-smoker in the same building.
The website also lists housing complexes that have smoke-free housing units.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure