DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Iowa officials have launched a website that highlights the benefits of living in smoke-free environments.
The state Department of Public Heath says the website provides education and awareness to people who live within multi-unit housing like apartments.
The website features sections for tenants, property owners and managers of multi-unit housing. It provides steps on how to make a home smoke-free.
State law prohibits smoking in most public places, but it doesn't cover individual units. Officials say tobacco smoke from one tenant can migrate through walls and ventilation systems to a non-smoker in the same building.
The website also lists housing complexes that have smoke-free housing units.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers